We are currently recruiting volunteers who can help us by manning our main reception desk. This is a very important and pivotal role within our organisation, supporting staff and welcoming partners and service users. Many service users find it hard to come in to ask for help, so this is also a very sensitive role that requires a sympathetic and professional approach.
The receptionist role involves:
- Answering the telephone and door
- Welcoming service users in a friendly professional manner
- Taking messages
- Making appointments in the diary
- Informing people calling in about the services on offer from Y.E.S.
- Directing people to the right place in the building
- Recording people entering and leaving the building
- Ad-hoc administration duties including (but not restricted to) photocopying, stationery stock control, maintaining and updating display boards and posters, internet research, arranging refreshments for meetings and visitors, spreadsheets and word processing.
We predominately need help on a Monday, Tuesday and some Thursdays. Volunteers will have set shifts but any flexibility to cover ad-hoc times and days for holidays, sickness and events would be appreciated.
Completing a certain amount of time in the Reception role is also a prerequisite to volunteering in one of our supportive roles, which are normally related to homelessness, welfare benefits, employment and teenage pregnancy.
Necessary skills or experience:
- Good English
- Familiar with the internet and email
- Good basic IT knowledge
- Non-judgemental attitude
- Friendly and chatty
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of telephone work
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of working with young people
Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. Training and ongoing support and development is provided. A DBS check will be required at no cost to the volunteer. *A criminal record does not necessarily exclude individuals from volunteering at Y.E.S. but the nature, volume and time since the crime(s) will be taken into account and discussed at interview.
Please contact us today on 01206 710771 or email [email protected]